Pages

Total Page Views

Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011: The Royal Wedding

My cell-phone alarm was set for 3:45 am this morning.  As it went off and I awoke from sleep, I thought to myself, Oh my gosh, it's today.  The Royal wedding is only a few moments away!  I have to make my tea, scones & lemon curd, and banana bread to partake in while watching the nuptials.

Oh how regal it truly was!
I am blessed to have been able to witness something so historic and important, even if from an entire world away.  The young Prince William, only four years older than me, has been in the spotlight for his entire life.  I remember throughout the years hearing of his life with his brother and parents, and mourned with him the day that Princess Diana died too soon.  In a way, I have grown up with William and Harry, and so this is something special for me to watch, something I feel privileged to have seen with my own eyes.

The atmosphere was electric, but beautifully contained in the formality of the unfolding events.  It seemed that for miles all the ladies in attendance were wearing beautiful, extravagant hats of a very unique British nature.  Sir Elton John and his husband were in attendance, as were Posh & David Beckham.  The streets were filled to the brim with commoners all anxiously awaiting the festivities.  No subtle homage was paid to the Union Jack flag.  

The Princes were all decked out in their royal uniforms, and Kate was a vision in her custom wedding gown.  She really did look sophisticated and stunning in her Alexander McQueen dress, complete with long lace sleeves and classic collar.  She was wearing new earrings her parents bought her, lily of the valley in her bouquet, and a tiara bestowed upon her from the Queen Mother.  It was beautiful, and so symbolic of the marriage of Christ and the Church.

Even though it was a ceremony between two people that I have never met, and probably never will, it was history in the making, and I relished every moment of the footage!  The wedding was held in Westminister Abbey, decorated with beautiful chandeliers, live trees, and the longest runner I have ever seen.  Every single moment was dripping with jeweled antiquity, alluding to all the prestige of the past.  I would have given anything to have been the photographer for this wedding!

Then the parade through London in the horse-drawn carriage began and lasted for 30 minutes.  Both the newlyweds were so poised and conservative as they proudly waived to their kingdom.  The countdown to the kiss on the balcony had begun.  And we weren't disappointed when they stepped out onto the balcony of Buckingham Palace in anticipation.  They are truly a handsom couple, and I am so relieved to know they married for love and not politics.

My prayers go out to Their Royal Highnesses, William and Kate, Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.  May they love and support each other, and continue to do their nation and the world lots of good.

 Many Blessings,

Caryn W. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you!

Twitter