Pages

Total Page Views

Friday, May 20, 2011

Edge & Elegance

In my opinion, every person, business, fashion blogger, and artist needs an inspiration board.  It's like a window into the subconscious desires.  At least for me, it helps to display things that I hope to accomplish that I could never put into words.   I have finally taken the time to create on for myself so that I have a visual display of where I want this business to go.



I have to say I am really pleased with what my imagination pulled together for me!  I think God's hand is all over it too, because I believe that He gives people dreams that are worth pondering, analyzing, and toiling to achieve.  And I created this vision board in order to help myself understand what I knew I wanted but could not verbalize.  And now, it is here in front of me, reminding me of what I hope the future holds.

I'm not sure how it comes across to everyone viewing it, but it brings several underlying themes to my mind.  I am so inspired by high fashion editorials, delicate and timeless settings and flowers (like Lily of the Valley), the elegance of a lace gown, and classic romanticism (like an outdoor afternoon tea with genteel flair).  I also love the contrast of having something soft and gentle with something dark and durable, like a leather motorcycle jacket and black & white photograph, smokey eyes and wet brick streets.  For me, it can all be summed up by the words in the title of this post, Edge & Elegance.  

That theme exists in the pages of a Vogue magazine, in the laces of chic combat boots, the gentlemanly flair of a classic slim tuxedo, and the soft neutrals of a regency dress.  Yes, after much prayer and deliberation, my theme has found me!  Praise the God of creativity, finally understanding the style of my work has helped me to decide on a name for my business.  But that reveal is for the next post :)

God Bless,
Caryn


No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you!

Twitter