Pages

Total Page Views

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Metal & Lace: a Mark, a Mission, a Brand, a Name!

As I had mentioned before in a previous post, I am in the process of revamping and re-creating my brand, my logo, and even my name.  Also, I felt I needed to narrow my market some; I felt stretched very thin trying to reach out to clients who wanted graduation pictures, family pictures, possible fashion photography, and weddings & engagements.  While I still plan on doing all of said styles of photography, I feel that where I most want to focus my business is the wedding industry.   Simple portraits and fashion photography will be done on the side and out of the spotlight.

Through hours of scrutinizing, praying, dreaming and waiting, the deliberation is finally over.  I would like to introduce to all my readers, on blogger, on facebook, and on twitter, to Metal & Lace Heirloom Wedding Photography!


It is time to dissect this a little, because for some people the name might seem a little random. 
I suppose it may sound off the wall, but it was derived and inspired by years of things I know and love.  Like textures (i.e. metals and delicate lace), vintage texts and style,  ornate features on paper and stationary, beautiful script, subtle hues, or classic black ink in a fountain pen.

I wanted juxtaposition in my name, leaving it up to the interpretation of the person reading it to wonder at it's meaning, to leave a little mystery.  Juxtaposition in my name also reflects the juxtaposition of my photography itself.  I have a style in capturing people that is unique and features something else besides cute and romantic.  I seek out edge, simplicity, and a rawness when crafting an image, as well as elegance, subtlety, and beauty.  It was and is very important to me that my artistic works synchronize with my logo and brand, that they reflect and allude to each other effortlessly.


So tell me readers, do you think I have achieved my goals with creating a brand for myself?  I would absolutely love some feedback and to hear your thoughts!


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you!

Twitter