Pages

Total Page Views

Friday, September 23, 2011

Color, Pattern & Personality

Hello my fellow readers! It's been a while since I've made a new post.  Many good things have been happening and I've been lazy about writing on this blog... But there is no excuse for the latter.

I've been playing around with giving my brand a character... At the risk of sounding artsy-fartsy, I want it to represent the essence of how I feel about my work.  I have always been into antiques, the victorian era, steampunk, and the 1940s, and those influences make up a sphere of inspiration that makes me feel comfortable exploring it.   I really like things old-school, partially because I feel that is how God made me, and also because I learned photography in a darkroom.  I like to take a little of the old and the new, and put them together to make a classic yet modern twist on brand.  I wanted it to be a balance between masculine and feminine.  I feel that most wedding merchants (cakes, venues, magazines, photographers) only cater and market to the bride, when hey let's face it, there's a dude who only gets marketed to by Mr. Tux!  And for me that's just not okay.

Anywho, after doing much research and buying lots of samples, I really feel that my brand identity (patterns, colors, graphics, packaging materials, etc) has blossomed into a youthful prospect.  At least for now, it is a great place to start!  Below are some of my designs combined with the extreme talent of others, and there are links to each of my resources because they were there when I needed them!  They deserve a shout out!  All of the designs below were put together by me, however I had a little help from a few different vendors as far as resources.
My Finished Logo!  I used this graphic when I was just Caryn Winclechter Photography.  And the two became one!

My Coffee Date appointment cards for my clients, this is the back.
The front! Printed by Miller's Professional Imaging


                                              
                                                       Round Logo stickers from MOO.com.  Beautiful! 

Sticker books with my four designs from Moo.com, Digital floral papers from Sassy Designs, Inc.  Oh so classy, right?
If you are in the same boat yourself, building your brand from the ground up, I hope that the links provide you with the same help I found.  Again just to refresh you:

Floral Patterns & Digital : Sassy Designs, Inc.
Camera Graphic: The Graphics Fairy
Stickers & Labels: MOO

Many Blessings and thanks for reading!  I highly recommend checking out these vendors and hopefully they will prove both resourceful and inspirational!  

Love & Pretty Pictures,
Caryn

p.s. More to come!  Can't wait to show you some new products I am working on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? I'd love to hear from you!

Twitter